The diagnosis of intercultural skills: the corner stone of a negotiation agreement
Today with globalisation, intercultural negotiation is at the heart of every company. As a result, for a negotiation to be successful, it requires a long preparation beforehand and a large mobilisation of cultural knowledge which must be taken into account in international negotiation processes. There are different negotiation strategies and tactics depending on the culture of the interlocutor or the country.
A complete assessment in intercultural business negotiation
In order to properly identify negotiation professionals, the candidate should be assessed on the 40 key competencies required in intercultural business negotiation around the 8 main negotiation thematics:
- Mastery of the negotiation thread;
- Ability to make the foreign interlocutor speak;
- Ability to design a business proposal;
- Developping strategies and use negotiation tactics;
- The ability to negotiate prices and conditions;
- The ability to manage resistance;
- Ability to provoke the right agreement according to the foreign interlocutor;
- Mastery of the psychological factors of intercultural negotiation.
An evaluation of these 8 areas reveals the profiles of experts in intercultural business negotiation.
Intercultural competences are not easy to identify by conventional systems. Therefore, Askilab has set up an innovative, very fine and reliable system around the 8 main negotiation themes articulated in 40 sub-themes. The system created can deliver visual reporting in the form of a skills analysis diagram that is both precise and comprehensible to the candidate.
The evaluation system aims to enable intercultural commercial negotiation professionals to enhance their skills, which are undeniable assets in comparison with other candidates, and/or to identify their areas for improvement according to the negotiation themes.